Hey guys-
Glad life group went well this week. I was hoping to write you from sunny Key West, however Jake took a turn for the worst and we decided it was not ok to leave him. He seems to be doing well now...finally after 5 days he is taking a bottle. Seems like we have a lot of sick kids on our hands, so I'll be praying for a special hedge of protection around them.
Hope to see you guys soon! Oh yeah, I also wanted to get your feedback about something. As the women of the group know, I've really felt like God has been leading me to adopt of doing something with children. For the last several months I've been seeking volunteer opportunities with orphanages, only to never get a returned call. Well, I finally had someone respond for Niles Home for Children in KC, MO. I went in today, and sobbed (I don't know why I was so emotional)...but they are very hesitant to let people come in and volunteer until the know you....these particular children are ones that have had some physical and emotional distress in the foster care system. Absolutely heart breaking. Anyways, long story short, they asked if a group of us could come and volunteer and maybe do a game night on a Wed. night. I thought that if we have 4-6 of us who were interested in sharing God's love (that's my pull to you)...that we can do this while our spouse is at group.
Let me know if you are in!
I hope so, this way they can get to know me a little more...and then the more they see me and get to know me, the more interaction I can have with the kids! Obviously these children are very vulnerable and they take extra precaution- which I think is well warranted!
God Bless- Joanne
Friday, February 12, 2010
New Day
Posted by Life Line - Our Life Group at 2/12/2010 02:43:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wouldn't mind going with you sometime.
I'm totally up for it! Excited for you and willing to do anything to help you out!
Post a Comment