BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Made me think

Hey All-

Hope you guys had a great weekend. We definitely did, although it went by lightning fast. Ashley and Cole- glad to hear that Oliver is ok- I was really concerned for the little guy! If you get a chance- I definitely think this sermon was a must see.

A couple of things that hit me personally (and this will make more sense when you see the sermon)...but I have to admit, I don't currently have the relationship with God to call him my daddy. This really struck a cord with me when I heard it. If he is supposed to be my rock, my shelter, and my stregnth- do I really give him my everything. If I did- then I think I would have no problem calling him my daddy...but I think that on some level- my relationship with Him is superficial- and that to me is the saddest thing. So, how can I draw closer to my Lord so I can get that daddy relationship. Well, I truly believe that I'm at a stand still- and I think most of our group is as well. I don't spend as much time in the Word these days as I should. If I were, I would be growing spiritually and emotionally to my Saviour- and that's what I'm missing.

I think this also ties into why our life group has been stagnant too. The reason those questions aren't coming to life for us is because we are not drinking the Word like we should. If we were, then we would have more meaningful conversation, but I digress.

The other thing that hit me in the sermon was not to pray like the pagans. I am guilty of just saying prayer just to say it...but not sure my heart is in it- especially for those prayer request that are a daily prayer request for me. Maybe that's why God hasn't answered those prayers- because I haven't prayed fervently for them....I've been lukewarm.

So, I guess the reason I'm writing this is not to make excuses but to be vulnerable to you guys and for you to hold me accountable. This week I'm going to start those daily devotionals that are in the pamphlet from church and see how it goes. Any one want to try this with me?

Joanne

1 comments:

And in this crazy life... said...

Joanne,
Thanks for being so open and honest. I still need to watch the sermon, but I will sign up and do the daily devotions with you. I always tell myself I'm going to, but never do.
Had fun tonight!