Friends, I received this email today from a friend of mine who is a part-time attorney. SHe is a member of our church and is currently working with the KC, MO police department trying to get the state to change their policy about making all KC, MO cops/families live within the KC, MO city limits. This has been a very stressful time for her as she has been working 70-80 hour weeks, feeling like she's neglecting her children (she normally works two 1/2 days on Tues. pm and Thurs. am). She knows that God has given this burden for a reason, she just needs prayer for Him to equip her with the words that need to be said in order to change the current state law. She has two very important meetings this week on Tues. and Thurs and asks/needs prayer, these are her exact "needs."
1) That God will give me the words and the wisdom to accomplish the task at hand.
2) That God will soften the hearts of the board members and that they will do what is right and not allow politics to cloud their judgment.
3) That God will calm my nerves so I can deliver the message in a real, understandable manner.
4) That I will be equipped with the answers to their questions.
5) That my kids will be patient and not feel neglected as I devote my time to this effort.
The meetings scheduled so far are tomorrow at 1:00, and Thursday at 2:00.
Thank you all for your friendship and for being the kind of friends that I can count on to pray.
Her name is Polly and I know she would appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks, Friends! Ashley :)
(ps - her husband is a KC, MO policeman... her son is almost 5 and, for very good reason, they do not want him to be in the public schools in this district) :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment